Ron Ybarra optimizes your company’s ability to grow, get cash, and develop a course of action to create a successful future. With over 22 years of financial experience, including 12 years as a CFO and Controller for public and privately held companies in the high tech industry, Ron understands what it takes for a company to be successful.
Ron specializes in rapid-growth, entrepreneurial companies who are ready to take their business to the next level. He brings knowledge and experience from diverse industries, including software and professional service companies.
Some of the things he can do to help your company increase cash:
- Maximize its growth and revenue by optimizing operational systems and improving efficiency, effectiveness and responsiveness.
- Tap into new revenue opportunities through the development of new streams of business in new markets.
- Attract bank and non-bank funding when needed for start-up, emerging and cash-flow challenged companies.
Ron would be a highly effective, efficient and responsive B2B CFO® to help your emerging to mid-market sized business. Some of his achievements include:
- Analyzed a professional practice’s business operations and implemented utilization targets to reach revenue targets.
- Found banking and non-bank funding for start-up and emerging companies.
- Installed a cloud-based Financial Planning & Analysis system that created an improved view of revenue, expenses and cash flow.
- Developed and implemented a best-of-class G&A (general and administrative, accounting, finance and human resources) business unit infrastructure.
- Saved thousands of dollars in potential penalties and fees by identifying and remedying numerous human resources legal compliance gaps.
- Set-up critically needed internal controls throughout accounting and finance functions to.
- Produced a business plan with various financial models that attracted a prospective offer for millions of dollars in venture capital funding.
- Reduced the company’s cash burn by 40% with the establishment of cost controls and savings opportunities.
- Worked with the CEO and marketing partners in creating a multi-pronged expansion program that bypassed depressed manufacturing markets. As part of the leadership team, assisted with the opening of new markets, securing a major services industry contract.
- Developed business with a globally recognized industry leader in outsourcing services, resulting in improved margins.
- Managed Professional Services revenues that grew by $17.8 million within 4 years and financially tracked 70+ annual Professional Services deployments, including international accounts.
- As a Leadership Team, achieved revenues of $29 million and annual revenue increases as high as 64% with the development of an innovative customer services model.
- Assisted with closing a $17 million financial services company contract and annual renewals of numerous $1 million telecommunications deals.
- Produced a 92% maintenance renewal rate 5 years in a row, and maintained a bad debt ratio to less than 0.02% against an industry average of 1.5-3.0%.
- Generated $6 million in new bookings over 12 months by tracking and closing software maintenance renewals.
- Engaged in a successful M&A opportunity. As part of the leadership team, participated in a business turnaround, reengineering and reconstructing the company’s software offering, developing new markets and improving publicly listed share price from $.50 to $6.75, enabling the company’s acquisition for $90 million.
- Grew revenues by 40% for a Professional Services group by managing financial operations, through the achievement of improved utilization and billing rates.
- Assisted with recruiting an engineering team that translated the company’s patent into a marketable software product.
- Analyzed and created an equity arrangement that produced additional stock options for the company leadership while preserving ownership interests.
Using his dynamic leadership ability, Ron works seamlessly to implement these processes and systems, dramatically improving your cash position and bottom line. Ron’s grasp of regulatory and human resource compliance issues provides an outstanding bonus for businesses that need support in these areas.
As a result, businesses who work with Ron realize important benefits such as:
- An Exit Strategy Plan
- Reduced Stress
- More Free Time
- Increased Personal Wealth
- Increased Company Value
- Solid Retirement Plan
- Security for Loved Ones
- Peace of Mind
- Reduced Cash Flow Worries
Contact Ron today to give your emerging to mid-market sized business the expertise it needs to reach the next level!
Areas of Expertise
- Banking & Other Vendor Relationships
- Cash Flow Planning & Analysis
- Dashboards, Metrics & General Business Planning & Analysis
- Equity / Debt / M&A Analysis & Financing
- Financial / Operations Management & Internal Controls
- Human Resources & Facilities Management
- Operational Policies, Procedures & Processes
- Risk Management & Assessment
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance & Other Regulatory Matters
- Stock Options Implementation & Analysis
- Strategic Financial Planning / Analysis & Budgeting
- Systems Knowledge / Implementation: QuickBooks, Adaptive Planning, Lawson, Replicon, Makana, MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Visio, Project, SharePoint), EquityEdge, Landslide, Peoplesoft, Payroll (ADP, Ovation, Paychex), Great Plains, Siebel, Salesforce
Ron was his family’s first-generation college student and achieved his Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Business and Professional Studies at the University of San Francisco.
As a current California Education Tax Council (CTEC) Registered Tax Preparer, Ron has been active in current Federal and California State tax law. He also previously earned the FINRA Series 7 / 63 Securities Licenses and a State of California Life Agent’s License, so he some knowledge of securities, insurance and financial planning practices, laws and regulations.
Ron is a firm believer in lifelong learning and has studied at the University of California at Berkeley, Extension, taking coursework in Personal Financial Planning, Accounting & Finance, Leadership, and Business Management. He is also an alumnus of the highly rated Keys to the Vault 4-Day MBA program that focuses on excelling growth and profitability of small-to-medium sized businesses.
In his capacity as a Treasurer and Board Member, Ron has been able to serve and support such community interests as Shepherd’s Heart International Ministries and the Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy, a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funding recipient.
Ron and his beautiful wife Gina enjoy amateur astronomy, hiking and biking throughout the beautiful SF Bay Area. Ron is learning how to play golf from his two young adult sons, who are currently attending Chabot Community College. Ron also has an extraordinary daughter who is a senior at Ron’s alma mater, John F. Kennedy High School.